Thursday, January 27, 2011

friends are the best...

This weekend was legitimately one of the best in my life. but first, some background... Currently, I am on the committee for an event called "Woo Fest" at CBU. This is such an exciting privilege to be a part of this process, but it is also kinda... well... taxing! ANYWAYS, lets just say that I needed a relaxing weekend before the intense craziness of this week started.

My staff from last year had been planning on visiting one of our bosses, Jana, who lives in Santa Monica and works as a Resident Director there. So... the weekend started off wonderfully with a relaxing drive (minus a bit of traffic) to Santa Monica with two of my dearest friends in the world sarah and bradyn. this car ride was a blessing in itself because of the encouraging conversations and the laughs! these girls just bring so much joy to my life. we get to santa monica and just had a wonderful night that was full of wedding talk (seeing that Jana and Kristin just got engaged in December). little did any of them know that I was holding in a secret. a HUGE secret. I was about to burst.

...luckily I was able to keep it together to enjoy a wonderfully relaxing day with Sarah and Bradyn at the beach and the Santa Monica pier. we were able to catch up, talk about life, and encourage each other in our struggles and our weaknesses.... after all, the pier was about a 2 mile walk from where we parked. we enjoyed each other's company, a ferris wheel ride, and bubba gump's shrimp all day until finally it was time to go "home".




as we approached the exit to the freeway, I nervously, but unsuspectedly asked Bradyn and Sarah to blindfold themselves. I took them to the orange groves in Citrus park, where my wonderful friends Kris and Sarah GOT ENGAGED!!!!! WHEW! i've been keeping this in since November.

Kris and Sarah are the funnest, most amazing couple I know, and they deserve the best engagement, wedding, and marriage. They are seriously such a wonderful blessing in my life and I honestly don't know where I would be without them.



FRIENDS ARE THE BEST!